Event security is the use of guards to control crowds at large events or functions. The event may or may not involve alcohol.
Event guards generally perform some or all of the following roles;
- Keeping a list of invited guests to insure no gate crashers.
- Check identification and log people’s attendance
- Work with event coordinators to ensure the safety of guests
- Co-ordinate in the case of emergencies such as evacuations
- Provide for VIP’s.
Prior to the event or function, our Operations Manager will contact you to discuss any particular requirements and may visit the site to conduct a security and risk assessment.
- Guards are issued with radios and bodycams (where required).
- Guards are generally in full uniform and equipped with PPE if required. (Exceptions exist where a suit is more appropriate).
- All guards are RSA qualified and when necessary carry approved proper person children’s check.
- All guards are first aid qualified.
- All guards operate under our crowd control insurance. Beware of companies without public liability insurance or without crowd control listed on their public liability certificate. Under current OH&S, liability can fall back onto the organisers if something goes wrong and insurances aren’t in place.
We do not offer a breathalyzer service for liability reasons. Please do not ask.
Event guards generally work 2 up for safety and liability. Minimum hours is 4 per guard.
We recommend as a guideline 1 additional guard per 100 attendees but this can vary according to the location and many other factors. In many cases the liquor licensing sergeant will specify what he or she feels is an appropriate number.